- With Heartland Elite , we act as a discretionary trustee and serve as an ERISA §3(38) investment fiduciary. We are responsible for selecting, monitoring and deselecting core investments. This reduces your investment duties and liabilities.
- With Heartland Select , you choose to retain the investment duties and we act as a directed trustee. You retain the investment duties and select from more than 25,000 mutual funds, ETFs, CITs and external money managers.
TARGETED EMPLOYEE EDUCATION
- Multiple resources to estimate future retirement income scenarios.
- Commitment to "employee-first" strategies; may include group and individual education meetings, virtual meetings, and custom engagement campaigns.
- An emphasis on adult education and learning strategies.
- Data-driven, educational approach to employee engagement.
- Bilingual resources available
CUSTOM PLAN DESIGN
- We work with you to design a retirement plan based on your needs and those of your employees.
- Cross-testing expertise allows increased contributions from key employees.
- Customized testing solutions may provide more favorable testing outcomes.
- An open menu of more than 25,000 mutual funds, ETFs and CITs.
- Expert fund selection and diligent monitoring.
- Relationships with professional money managers offering actively managed risk-based portfolios.
- Multiple suites of Target Retirement Funds available.
- Self-directed brokerage link available.
- DB&T FDIC-Insured Investment Account offers participant-level FDIC insurance protection within your qualified plan.
EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE AND SUPPORT
- Experienced team led by a dedicated Relationship Manager.
- A Retirement Specialist or your Plan Advisor acts as your single point of contact.
- Wide array of administrative functions, including distribution processing, Form 5500 preparation, year-end testing and more.
- Highly credentialed team includes an ERPA, JD, QPA, APA, CFP®, CLU, CFA, QPFC and several QKAs.