Heartland is committed to providing an unbiased process for fund selection. Our open architecture approach offers over 25,000 mutual funds, CITs, and ETFs as investment options. Additionally, we can include Target Retirement Funds, professionally managed asset allocation models, and Self-Directed Brokerage Accounts for certain retirement plans.
- Who is responsible for the investment decisions in the plan?
- What is the process for investment decision-making? Is it well-documented?
- Who creates, monitors, and ensures compliance with the Investment Policy Statement?
- Is the plan free from conflict-of-interest in investment selection? For instance, does the plan menu include several or more funds from the plan provider?
- Does the plan include outdated fund share classes that increase the plan sponsor's liability and potentially increase the fees paid by the participants? If so, why are the funds still in the investment menu?
- How is the current provider being paid for their investment recommendations?
Connect with a Retirement Plan Services Professional to get started.